About the Andersen Perma-Shield Gliding Patio Door
The Andersen 200 series Perma-Shield gliding patio door gives your home a contemporary look with energy-saving performance at a great value. With a low-maintenance, durable surface that covers the frames inside and out, it'll provide years of reliable operation. A wide range of color, hardware and grille pattern options are available to customize the look you want.
- Andersen's most versatile patio door - a modern look at a value price.
- Solid wood frames and sashes
- Vinyl clad exteriors, virtually maintenance free
- White, Canvas, Sandtone, Terratone, Dark Bronze and Black frames available
- Includes gliding insect screen matched to frame color
- Eight hardware styles available in a variety of finishes
- Blinds between the glass are available for 6 ft wide doors when a white frame is selected. The blinds are mounted in between two panes of insulated glass in a dust-free environment, and are magnetically controlled using low profile controls.
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, patio doors must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient
The Andersen Perma-Shield patio door is backed by a transferrable, 20/10 year, limited factory warranty. The warranty covers:
- The glass and glass seal are covered to be free from defect or failure for 20 years
- All non-glass elements are covered to be free from defect or failure for 10 years.