Andersen 400 Series Frenchwood Sliding Patio Door
- In-home consultation
- Dedicated project manager
- Removal & disposal
- 20/10 year warranty
- 20 year workmanship guarantee
- Financing available
About the Andersen 400 Series Frenchwood Sliding Patio Door
Customers love the Andersen 400 Series Frenchwood Sliding Patio Door. The elegant finishes add class to any living room or kitchen. Andersen 400 series patio doors are well-constructed units and the top of the sliding patio doors market.
Andersen 400 Series Sliding Patio Door Review
The Andersen 400 series Frenchwood sliding patio door is the best selling sliding patio door from the largest manufacturer in the USA. The Frenchwood sliding patio door is durable, Energy Star Compliant and offers a wide range of features. If you are looking for a classic style wood patio door, the 400 Series is a great choice.
The items we'll cover in this review are:
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Technical specifications
For more than a century, Andersen has been the most trusted brand for windows and doors. They offer an extensive collection of high-quality products. Andersen is committed to integrity, excellence, and innovation. Whatever project you are working on, Andersen will have the products you need in a variety of sizes, wood options, colors, and accessories.
Renoviso offers a lifetime warranty on glass and parts. Even if ordered through another contractor, Andersen offers a great warranty - 20 years on the glass, and 10 years for parts.
- The Frenchwood sliding door is Andersens best-selling sliding patio door Energy star compliant, with an extremely low U-Factor compared to other similar sliding doors (this is great!)
- Classic style wood door, with 4 exterior color options
- Solid wood frame with vinyl clad exterior provides a low maintenance but durable door Customizable with 4 interior wood options, and 8 lock hardware options
- Stainless steel track resists rusting, stains, and denting
- Smooth sliding with dual-ball bearing rollers on both doors
- Screen and lock accessories are not included
- Frame is not as slim as a vinyl one
- If you decide to get the exterior painted, it will show along the frame inside unless you add a trim piece to cover it
- U-Factor: 0.24
- Installed price starting in the mid $3,000s
Andersen sliding doors offer durability, longevity, and quality craftsmanship. With an emphasis on excellence, these doors are a no-brainer to add value to your home.
- Andersen's best selling sliding patio door
- Solid wood frames and sashes
- Vinyl clad exteriors, virtually maintenance free
- Natural unfinished pine, maple, oak or low-maintenance white interior
- Four exterior colors available
- Eight lock styles
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, patio doors must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient
The Andersen 400 Series windows and patio doors are backed by a transferrable, 20/10 year, limited factory warranty. The warranty covers: - The glass and glass seal are covered to be free from defect or failure for 20 years - All non-glass elements are covered to be free from defect or failure for 10 years.