Andersen 400 Tilt Wash Double Hung Mulled Unit
- In-home consultation
- Dedicated project manager
- Removal & disposal
- 20/10 year warranty
- 20 year workmanship guarantee
- Financing available
About the Andersen 400 Tilt Wash Double Hung Mulled Unit
The 400 Series is the most popular windows line from Andersen. The Tilt Wash Double Hung Window, Andersen's sash tilt feature makes it easy to clean while looking sleek in its modern vinyl finish. A mulled window unit is when two or more windows are joined together to form a single unit. Mulled window units offer an aesthetically pleasing exterior and more expansive views from the inside.
The Tilt-Wash double hung window delivers an exceptional combination of beauty and performance with a wide variety of options to fit your style. Rated a Consumers Digest Best Buy!
Our base price includes the Energy Star certified glass package, an unfinished pine interior finish (prefinished white also available), installation, and our exceptional service. This mulled unit includes two double hung windows that are joined together as one unit.
- The Tilt-Wash is Andersen’s standard double hung option within the 400 Series whereas the Woodwright upgrade delivers a wood veneer jamb liner to match the sash and additional interior options as compared to the Tilt-Wash.
- Energy Star certified thermal performance.
- Solid wood sash and sills are protected by Andersen’s exclusive Fibrex material. Both sashes tilt in for easy cleaning.
- Custom sizing within 1/8” allows windows to precisely fit any opening.
- Select from an unfinished stain-grade pine or pre-finished white interior finish.
- Frame exterior protected by a tough vinyl clad that provides long-lasting protection, is virtually maintenance free, and available in 7 color options.
- Fully transferrable 20/10 year warranty.
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, windows must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient
Andersen’s 400 Series windows are backed by a fully transferrable limited warranty, which covers the glass for 20 years and all other components for 10 years. The warranty consists of the following:
- All glass components, including the glass, glass seal and grids, are covered to be free from defect or failure for 20 years.
- All non-glass components, including the locks, lifts, balance systems, handles, exterior trim, sash and frame members, are covered to be free from defect or failure for 10 years.