Fiberglass Doors | Entry Doors from Therma-Tru
Online pricing | Project management | Installation
Serving the Northeast from Boston to Philadelphia
Fiberglass Doors Guide
When shopping for a replacement door, it can be challenging to determine which material is best for your house. Fiberglass is a popular choice to its combination of high curb appeal and low maintenance. Read below to learn more about fiberglass entry doors and to decide if it's the right material for you.
About Fiberglass Entry Doors
Fiberglass doors are a popular choice for a number of reasons. Fiberglass is low maintenance and cost effective. Many people think of steel doors as the most secure option, but fiberglass doors often have interior steel frames that provide the same support. Most brands create products that closely imitate the look of woodgrain, allowing homeowners to benefit from the visual beauty of wood, without the high maintenance that accompanies it.
Pros & Cons of Fiberglass Entry DoorsPros:
- Long lasting and durable.
- Won’t warp or rot due to heat and moisture like wood.
- Won’t dent or rust like steel.
- Energy efficient.
- Polyurethane core of fiberglass doors is more dense than hardwood, so there is less heat transfer from one side of the door to another and maintaining a stable interior temperature.
- Polyurethane core also reduces sound emission.
- Many versatile design options.
- Easy to paint or stain, and can be customized based on design elements such as wood embossments or decorative glass.
- Very secure, as the sophisticated fiberglass door system creates a strong seal and is less easily damaged structurally than wood.
- Often installed with long warranties because they are built to last.
- Less expensive than premium wood species like mahogany, but is often more expensive than more common wood building materials, vinyl, or steel.
- However, the increased energy efficiency of a fiberglass door lowers your energy bills.
- Fitting of a fiberglass entry door needs to be done by a professional installer.
Fiberglass Entry Doors Pricing
Pricing varies by brand depending on customization options and design, but a general price range is between $1,500 and $3,300.
Choose your Entry Door
Working near you
Highly skilled local installers in your neighborhood!
Here's some of our most recent work nearby