Harvey Classic Vinyl Basement Hopper Window
- In-home consultation
- Dedicated project manager
- Removal & disposal
- Lifetime warranty
- 20 year workmanship guarantee
- Financing available
About the Harvey Classic Vinyl Basement Hopper Window
Basement egress or "hopper" windows are almost always used in basements and open inwards from the top. They work this way to avoid accidental damage from the outside and to keep water out.
The Harvey Classic vinyl hopper window is custom made, delivers excellent performance and offers a variety of styles, colors and options to meet your needs. As one of a very select group of Harvey Elite Dealers, we are able to provide enhanced benefits including free lifetime glass breakage coverage, a more affordable triple pane option, and an upgraded service warranty option.
Harvey Basement Hopper Window Review
Harvey Basement Window Price
The Harvey Basement Hopper Window has a base installed price of $489. The total price may increase or decrease based on selected attributes during the planning process.
Pros and Cons: Harvey Basement Window
- Hopper windows, like casement windows and awning windows press against the frame when closed and generally create a more effective seal. That makes them energy-efficient in any climate.
- Though hopper windows aren’t very difficult to get open, they simply aren’t very big in most instances. That means that they aren’t a security risk like some taller windows.
- Hopper windows are excellent at reducing humidity in areas of your home like basements and bathrooms. Even though the windows are small in size, they work very well for ventilation.
- Since hopper windows open up inwards from the bottom, they can allow water to enter into the home if left open during the rain.
- It can be difficult to cover up hopper windows with blinds or a window treatments due to the way they open and close. This can cause limited privacy for the space and offers visibility into the room from the outside.
About Harvey Building Products
All Harvey Building Products (based in Waltham, Massachusetts) are custom made in the US and are available in a variety of colors and options. They come with industry-leading warranties and thermal performance, and are a popular choice for homeowners seeking a well-constructed windows and patio doors custom made for their home.
The Harvey Classic vinyl hopper window's sleek fully welded sash and frame design provides an air-tight seal keeping water and wind outside. We automatically include the ENERGY STAR® qualified glazing upgrade with Low-E coating and Argon gas. Other features include:
- Includes fiberglass screen
- Double locks standard on opening widths of >= 30-1/4”
- Option for 4 ¼” dryer vent hole
- Comes in white and almond
- Available in a variety of grid configurations and options including 5/8” or 1” contoured GBG (grids between the glass)
- Lifetime limited transferrable manufacturer's warranty on unit and mechanical parts with a 20-year warranty for the insulated glass
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, windows must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient