About the Harvey Classic Vinyl Basement Hopper Window
Hopper windows are almost always used in basements and open inwards from the top. They work this way to avoid accidental damage from the outside and to keep water out.
The Harvey Classic vinyl hopper window is custom made, delivers excellent performance and offers a variety of styles, colors and options to meet your needs. As one of a very select group of Harvey Elite Dealers, we are able to provide enhanced benefits including free lifetime glass breakage coverage, a more affordable triple pane option, and an upgraded service warranty option.
The Harvey Classic vinyl hopper window's sleek fully welded sash and frame design provides an air-tight seal keeping water and wind outside. We automatically include the ENERGY STAR® qualified glazing upgrade with Low-E coating and Argon gas. Other features include:
- Includes fiberglass screen
- Double locks standard on opening widths of >= 30-1/4”
- Option for 4 ¼” dryer vent hole
- Comes in white and almond
- Available in a variety of grid configurations and options including 5/8” or 1” contoured GBG (grids between the glass)
- Lifetime limited transferrable manufacturer's warranty on unit and mechanical parts with a 20-year warranty for the insulated glass
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, windows must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient