About the Harvey Vinyl Garden Window
The Harvey vinyl garden window helps you bring the outdoors into your home while creating a beautiful setting for your plants, collectibles and favorite decorations. Almost a mini greenhouse, a garden window can have shelves used for plants and herbs, while providing lots of light and ventilation.
The Harvey vinyl garden window helps bring the outdoors into your home while creating a beautiful setting for your plants or favorite decorations. The garden window comes standard with 1" clear insulated glass with the option of adding Low-E/Argon glazing. Other features include:
- Twin sealing, fully screened, operating casements with external glazing for improved weather protection
- Tempered top lite, with the option to have all lites tempered
- Exterior grade plywood headboard, seatboard and jamb are 1-1/4" for excellent structural and thermal performance; support brackets are not needed
- Fiberglass wire screen
- Comes standard in white
- Glass shelf option available
- AAMA Certified R-50 rating (units 60.5" x 60.5" and smaller)
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, windows must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient