Harvey Majesty Wood Picture Window
- In-home consultation
- Dedicated project manager
- Removal & disposal
- 20/10 year warranty
- 20 year workmanship guarantee
- Financing available
About the Harvey Majesty Wood Picture Window
Picture windows are the centerpieces of many rooms and can range in size from small to monster. Many times these windows are flanked by casements or double hung for an even more dramatic feature.
The Harvey Majesty wood picture window is custom made, delivers excellent performance and offers a variety of styles and options to meet your needs. As one of a very select group of Harvey Elite Dealers, we are able to provide enhanced benefits including free lifetime glass breakage coverage and an upgraded service warranty option.
Harvey Majesty Picture Window Review
Harvey Picture Window Price
The Harvey Majesty Picture Window has a base installed price of $859. The total price may increase or decrease based on selected attributes during the planning process.
Pros and Cons: Wood Picture Windows
- These large windows let in more light than most other styles - that will reduce the need for indoor lighting and may lower electric bills.
- Since these windows do not open, they have tight seals which make them energy efficient.
- Picture windows are fairly easy to clean from indoors.
- Fixed windows do not have mechanical parts that need to be replaced when they fail. This is why they generally cost less than similarly-sized sliding or casement windows.
- Since you can’t open a picture window, there’s less ventilation than other types. Picture windows might not be great for homeowners that prefer a nice cool breeze.
- While picture windows are generally energy-efficient, the fact that they let in a lot of light may also mean unwanted solar heat gain.
- Picture windows’ large glass area can mean a greater breakage risk in certain environments.
- Cleaning is both a pro and a con for this type of window. Their lack of moving parts makes them fairly easy to clean, but only from indoors. Cleaning a picture window from outside is another matter and can be especially tricky if it is installed on an upper floor.
Renoviso is a Harvey Elite Dealer and, therefore, when ordering these products through us, you will receive a lifetime warranty on the entire product - including glass seal and breakage. If ordered through another contractor, Harvey still offers a great warranty: 20 years on the glass, and lifetime for parts.
About Harvey Building Products
All Harvey Building Products (based in Waltham, Massachusetts) are custom made in the US and are available in a variety of colors and options. They come with industry-leading warranties and thermal performance, and are a popular choice for homeowners seeking a well-constructed windows and patio doors custom made for their home.
Together with Harvey, Renoviso is changing the home improvement industry. We’re the only home contractor with affordable upfront pricing, award-winning service that handles all the little project details that come with renovating, factory-certified installers, a 20-year installation guarantee, and interest-free financing.
The Harvey Majesty wood picture window combines the authenticity of wood on the interior with a maintenance free aluminum clad exterior while delivering ENERGY STAR® performance with Low-E glass and Argon gas. Other features include:
- Comes in pine or primed on the interior with white, black, dark bronze, almond, or forest green on the exterior
- Available in a variety of grid configurations and options including 5/8” or 1” contoured GBG (grids between the glass), exterior applied grids, and simulated divided lite (SDL) grids
- Lifetime limited transferrable manufacturer's warranty on unit and mechanical parts with a 20-year warranty for the insulated glass
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, windows must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient