James Hardie HardiePlank® Fiber Cement Lap Siding
- In-home consultation
- Dedicated project manager
- Removal & disposal
- 30-year limited warranty
- 20 year workmanship guarantee
- Financing available
About the James Hardie HardiePlank® Fiber Cement Lap Siding
HardiePlank® lap siding is the best-selling product from the leader in fiber cement siding, combining high performance with beautiful, classic design. Installed on more than 5.5 million homes from coast to coast, all styles are specially engineered for their climate zone and can come either primed or with baked-on ColorPlus® technology.
HardiePlank Fiber Cement Siding Review
If you’re looking for superior durability and the timeless look of woodgrain without the maintenance, James Hardie is the perfect siding choice. Compared to other siding materials, fiber cement products stand up to weather, moisture, heat and insects like no other siding can.
With Hardie’s exclusive ColorPlus® Technology, multiple coats of color are baked onto the board in a controlled factory environment and a proprietary finish is applied, designed to resist UV rays so that your color will stay vibrant for longer. You can choose from a curated selection of stunning exterior colors, or you can have your siding primed to be painted later.
HardiePlank® comes in multiple width options and is available in both Smooth and Select Cedarmill finishes.
Why choose Hardieplank fiber cement siding?
Long life span. An industry leader in longevity, fiber cement siding lasts over 50 years. The combination of cost, durability, and environmental impact makes this material more popular with homeowners.
The look of real wood. Wood can rot. Wood can be eaten by bugs. Wood can warp. Wood needs expensive paint jobs every few years. Fiber cement gives you all the aesthetic benefits of wood, with none of the headaches.
Versatility. James Hardie offers dozens of different colors and styles for their Hardieplank line. Mix and match the options on Renoviso.com to create your dream siding project.
Straight installation. Installing fiber cement takes a bit longer than vinyl alternatives because you need to measure each placement, but it also ensures the rows are being put on straight.
How much does fiber cement siding cost?
Hardieplank siding with installation costs $1425 per 100 square feet on Renoviso. Call us to speak with one of our siding experts to customize your project.
Fiber Cement Siding: FAQ
How is fiber cement siding made?
Fiber cement is made up of water mixed with wood pulp, portland cement, and ash or sand.
Can I install fiber cement siding myself?
Due to its weight, and the technical installation process, it’s best to leave that to the professionals, like Renoviso.
Can Hardieplank stand up to extreme weather conditions?
Unlike vinyl, fiber cement doesn't become brittle in cold weather. It easily withstands below-zero temperatures and won't crack because of freeze-thaw cycles.
Pros and Cons:
- Fiber cement siding lasts over 50 years
- Fiber cement gives you all the aesthetic benefits of wood, with none of the headaches from rot, insect damage, or expensive paint jobs later on
- James Hardie siding products are tested to perform in extreme heat or cold and withstand impact from hail or other debris
- James Hardie is a luxury brand, but steeper prices pay off with quality materials, a beautiful and long lasting renovation, and a large return on investment at resale
Colors, Finishes and Options:
- Available in the exact specifications of the size and style of your home
- Options for a smooth finish or the Select Cedarmill finish that imitates the texture of real wood
- James Hardie offers numerous standard colors as well as 700 premium Dream Package options
- Various width styles are available to adapt to your exact tastes
- Includes a customizable trim package
- You can include new gutters in your installation
About James Hardie Siding
HardiePlank lap siding is a sleek and elegant siding choice that imitates cedar planks and possesses numerous features that add value to your renovation. James Hardie is an industry leader with 50+ years of longevity in siding products, and the combination of cost, durability, and environmental impact makes fiber cement popular with homeowners. James Hardie fiber cement planks are five times thicker than traditional vinyl siding, improving insulation and creating a more realistic woodgrain effect. In the case of a fire, noncombustible James Hardie products are recognized as some of the safest options by fire departments nationwide.
HardiePlank® lap siding features include:
- High-performing exterior product, engineered to stand up to the elements, including hurricanes, humidity, UV rays, snowstorms and the changing of the seasons
- Five times thicker than most vinyl siding and will not melt in high heats
- Resistant to the effects of moisture and damage from mold
- Available in Smooth or Select Cedarmill finishes, multiple width options, and a rich spectrum of 25 curated color choices
- 30 year, non-prorated warranty on all siding products and 15-year non-prorated warranty on trim, along with 15-year ColorPlus® technology coverage for paint and labor
- Can be easily painted if desired
- Backed by Good Housekeeping Seal
- Because fiber cement is non-combustible and hail-damage resistant, it can sometimes reduce home insurance premiums
James Hardie provides 100% non-prorated coverage for 30 years on all siding products and for 15 years on all trim products. The ColorPlus® Technology finish comes with a 15-year limited warranty that covers paint and labor, protecting against peeling, cracking, and chipping.