HardieShingle® Straight Edge Fiber Cement Siding
- In-home consultation
- Dedicated project manager
- Removal & disposal
- 30-year limited warranty
- 20 year workmanship guarantee
- Financing available
About the HardieShingle® Straight Edge Fiber Cement Siding
HardieShingle® siding adds instant character to any style home, recreating the distinct look of cedar shingles with less maintenance and longer lasting color. Available in Straight Edge and Staggered styles, HardieShingle® works perfectly as an accent when paired with HardiePlank® horizontal lap siding, or by itself on a whole house.
HardieShingle Siding Review
If you’re looking for superior durability and timeless design, James Hardie is the perfect siding choice. Compared to other siding materials, fiber cement products stand up to weather, moisture, heat and insects like no other siding can.
With Hardie’s exclusive ColorPlus® Technology, multiple coats of color are baked onto the board in a controlled factory environment and a proprietary finish is applied, designed to resist UV rays so that your color will stay vibrant for longer. You can choose from a curated selection of stunning exterior colors, or you can have your siding primed to be painted later.
All James Hardie siding products come with a 30-year, non-prorated warranty and trim products come with a 15-year, non-prorated warranty. The ColorPlus® Technology finish comes with a 15-year limited warranty that covers paint and labor, protecting against peeling, cracking, and chipping.
Why choose Hardieshingle fiber cement siding?
Weather resistant. Hail, hurricanes, tornadoes, and fire won’t ruin your fiber cement siding. The product will also not wear or deteriorate (excessively) under constant UV exposure.
Won’t warp or rot. Wood will traditionally swell, warp, and rot which significantly limits its life span but that is not an issue with fiber cement. Fiber cement will not absorb moisture from rain, snow, heat, and humidity.
Termites hate it. The sand and cement content in the wood repels termites. No need to worry about this chronic wood issue.
Low maintenance. The product does not need to be stained or painted like wood but can be touched up unlike vinyl or aluminum. There is also no regular pressure washing needed like there is with vinyl and aluminum.
How much does Hardieshingle fiber cement siding cost?
Hardieplank siding with installation costs $1750 per 100 square feet on Renoviso. Various customization choices will affect this price. Call us to speak with one of our siding experts to design your dream project.
Straight Edge Fiber Cement: Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve heard fiber cement is new and untested, is that true?
Quite the contrary. The truth is, fiber cement has been used as siding since the 1970s but the product itself was patented in 1901.
Is it easy to replace damaged boards?
Though it would take a lot to damage a fiber cement board, it is quite easy to replace one. By simply prying up the adjacent boards in the area the damaged board can be removed and replaced. Even just sections of the compromised board can be cut out and removed instead of the entire piece and multiple adjoining rows as with other materials.
Pros and Cons:
- Fiber cement siding is long lasting
- Fiber cement gives you has the appearance of wood, but does not have the issues that come with rot, insect damage, or expensive paint jobs later on
- James Hardie siding products are Engineered for Climate®, meaning that your siding is safe from damage caused by extreme heat or cold and impact from hail
- James Hardie is a luxury brand, but steeper prices pay off with quality materials, a beautiful and long lasting renovation, and a large return on investment at resale
Colors, Finishes and Options:
- Available in the exact specifications of the size and style of your home
- Varied width options for a straight edge or staggered shingle style
- James Hardie offers numerous standard colors as well as 700 premium Dream Package options
- Includes a customizable trim package to complement your home
- You can include new gutters in your installation
About James Hardie Siding
As the most popular siding brand in North America, James Hardie’s HardieShingles add the character of cedar shakes with none of the maintenance. James Hardie fiber cement is a durable yet low maintenance siding option that saves money usually spent on upkeep, damage repair, and higher insurance rates (James Hardie products are recognized as some of the safest options by fire departments nationwide). James Hardie shingles are five times thicker than traditional vinyl siding and are designed with fade-resistant color technology.
HardieShingle® siding features include:
- Superior durability and performance, engineered to stand up to the elements, including hurricanes, humidity, UV rays, snowstorms and the changing of the seasons
- Five times thicker than most vinyl siding and will not melt in high heats
- Resistant to the effects of moisture and damage from mold
- Available in Straight Edge or Staggered finishes, multiple width options, and a rich spectrum of 25 curated color choices
- 30 year, non-prorated warranty on all siding products and 15-year non-prorated warranty on trim, along with 15-year ColorPlus® technology coverage for paint and labor
- Perfect for highlighting gables and other architectural accents when installed along with HardiePlank® lap siding
- Can be easily painted if desired
- Backed by Good Housekeeping Seal
- Because fiber cement is non-combustible and hail-damage resistant, it can sometimes reduce home insurance premiums
James Hardie provides 100% non-prorated coverage for 30 years on all siding products and for 15 years on all trim products. The ColorPlus® Technology finish comes with a 15-year limited warranty that covers paint and labor, protecting against peeling, cracking, and chipping.