About the Pella Architect Wood Double Hung Window
Double hung windows are more versatile and easier to clean than their single hung predecessors since both panes open and tilt in.
The Pella Architect Series wood double hung window delivers the natural beauty and craftsmanship of wood on the interior with a low-maintenance aluminum clad exterior with protective finish that resists fading.
The Pella Architect Series wood double hung Window offers a variety of options to meet your needs. We automatically include the ENERGY STAR® qualified glazing upgrade with AdvancedComfort Low-E glass and Argon gas. Other features include:
- Comes factory-prefinished in eight beautiful stain colors, three paint colors, or primed interiors with wide selection of 27 exterior color finishes.
- Advanced block and tackle balance system will glide open and closed easily for years to come.
- Includes high transparency InView screen that allows more air and natural light into your home with optional Vivid View upgrade screen for even more air and light.
- Comes with spoon-style or cam-action lock and sash lift available in champagne, white, brown, bright brass, satin nickel, and oil-rubbed bronze.
- Available in a wide variety of grid patterns and options including 7/8”, 1 1-4” or 2” integral light technology, 3/4”, 1 1-4” or 2” removable roomside, and 3/4” aluminum GBG (grids between the glass) grids
- 10 year manufacturers warranty on nonglass components and 20 year warranty on the insulated glass
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, windows must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient