About the Pella Impervia Composite Double Hung Window
Double hung windows are more versatile and easier to clean than their single hung predecessors since both panes open and tilt in.
The Pella Impervia Series fiberglass composite double hung window delivers the quality look of a painted wood window, superior durability, low maintenance, and incredible energy efficiency.
The Pella Impervia Composite Double Hung Window offers a variety of styles and options to meet your needs. We automatically include the ENERGY STAR® qualified glazing upgrade with AdvancedComfort Low-E glass and Argon gas. Other features include:
- Made from Duracast material, Pella’s five-layer engineered fiberglass composite, which withstands extreme heat and cold
- Features durable, low maintenance power-coat finish for look of painted wood. Available in white, tan, morning sky grey, brown or black with optional dual-color frame of white interior and colored exterior
- Advanced block and tackle balance system will glide open and closed easily for years to come.
- Includes half or full fiberglass screens or optional high transparency screens that allow more air and natural light to flow into your home
- Comes with color matched cam-action lock, also available in bright brass, satin nickel, and oil-rubbed bronze
- Available in a variety of patterns with 3/4” contour GBG (grids between the glass) grids.
- Lifetime limited non-transferrable manufacturers warranty on unit and mechanical parts with a 20-year transferable warranty for the insulated glass
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, windows must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient