Simonton Reflections 5500 Double Hung Mulled Unit
- In-home consultation
- Dedicated project manager
- Removal & disposal
- Double lifetime warranty
- 20 year workmanship guarantee
- Financing available
About the Simonton Reflections 5500 Double Hung Mulled Unit
The pinnacle of the Reflections line, the 5500 double hung window provides energy efficiency, durability and a host of available styles and advanced glass packages. A mulled window unit is when two or more windows are joined together to form a single unit. Mulled window units offer an aesthetically pleasing exterior and more expansive views from the inside. Made of premium extruded vinyl, it is virtually maintenance-free and promotes easy cleaning with a tilt-in/lift-out sash. It comes standard with ProSolar soft coat Low E glass and Argon gas, which reduces heat loss in winter and maintains air-conditioned air during the summer.
The Simonton Reflections 5500 vinyl double hung mulled window unit provides energy efficiency, durability and style at an excellent value. Features of the Simonton Reflections 5500 Premium Vinyl Double Hung include:
- Tilt-in/lift-out sash for easy cleaning
- Sash raises and lowers with ease using a stainless steel constant force balance system
- Lap-Lock meeting rail overlaps and interlocks to seal tightly and inhibit air and water infiltration
- The triple-stepped, sloped Simonton Sill drives water away from your home
- Lift rail is molded into the sash for increased durability
- Comes in 6 interior color options, including 3 woodgrain laminates, and 7 exterior color options
- Seven distinctive hardware finish options
- Half screen included
The lower the number, the better. To meet Energy Star requirements, windows must have a u-factor at or below 0.27.
The higher the number, the more light is transmitted. VT values typically range from 0.30 to 0.70.
The lower the number, the more it will help reduce the use of air conditioning and energy use. In cold climates, a higher SHGC is desirable to collect heat from sunlight. SHGC typically ranges from 0.25 to 0.80.
Solar Heat Gain Coefficient
Simonton Reflections windows are backed with a Double-Lifetime Limited Warranty covering vinyl, hardware, screens and insulating glass units. All warranties are transferable, so your windows add yet another great selling feature to your home.